Prevention is the most essential step. Taking appropriate safety precautions will lower your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Fort Myers.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Heat up your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when run properly but can produce carbon monoxide when on for a long period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a professional. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected correctly.
- Confirm gas appliances are running properly, particularly your heating system. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by requesting yearly furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.