Prevention is the most essential step. Taking appropriate safety precautions will lower your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Fort Myers.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Heat up your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heating sources. These appliances are safe when run properly but can make carbon monoxide when run for a long period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, because it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a professional. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected appropriately.
- Confirm gas appliances are working properly, especially your heater. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe heating by booking yearly furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.