The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you expect clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if the water looks clear, it could still contain toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and well-being. Many people don't like the taste of tainted tap water and understand the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have clean drinking water on hand.
If you want to safeguard your family’s health, you may first consider trying the bottled water approach. But of course, this gets costly fast. Plus, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, harming the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and better for the environment than using so much bottled water. It can also supply healthier water more conveniently because you can get it directly from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, enabling you to capitalize on the benefits wherever you use water at home.
Before setting up a whole-house water filtration system, find out what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate hazardous contaminants. Then, get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help you pick out and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality fluctuates by location, but some of the most prevalent contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that legal water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your tap, furnishing you and your family with safe, healthy water to enjoy. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can become concentrated in the water main after heavy rains. While largely harmless, sediment will make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. Sadly, this disinfectant can generate dangerous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Some DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being safer for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more muddy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and stick to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so helpful because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that clean water doesn’t have to include bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s setup, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to scale back water hardness, eliminate bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the right product for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, simple and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office for help finding a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.