Air conditioners don’t run forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Fort Myers, you may be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are several aspects to think over, plus the pluses of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we advise replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can probably delay it.
- What model of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and enhances comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the right amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. An updated air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can estimate that static pressure of your system and provide the proper advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your pocketbook if you replace both components simultaneously.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any big imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system goes out. You can avoid the band-aid fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these pluses:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at the best efficiency, making your family cozier and lowering your long-term heating and cooling expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have paid for a modern furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both put in at the same time. And you may even be authorized for a discount since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We know the expense of replacing your complete system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special discounts or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
You can relax knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 239-908-6991 to book an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.