Air conditioners don’t work indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Fort Myers, you may be wondering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are several factors to think about, plus the benefits of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, plan to replace it along with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can probably wait.
- What type of air conditioner are you buying? A lot of homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This uses less energy and enhances comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to realize the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the correct amount of air to keep your home comfy. A modern air conditioner could need a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can estimate that static pressure of your system and provide the correct suggestion.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your pocketbook if you replace both components together.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are correctly sized, there aren’t typically any large immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system stops working. You can avoid the temporary repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these pluses:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at the best efficiency, making your family cozier and lowering your long-term heating and cooling expenses.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both put in at once. And you may even be authorized for a special deal as you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We get the expense of replacing your entire system might concern you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and merely one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
You can relax knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 239-908-6991 to book an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.