Imagine it’s a blindingly hot summer day, and your air conditioner abruptly breaks down. You start calling around looking for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps climbing while you wait for a service technician to arrive. Such a nightmare!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is an important tool in preventing this scenario. But what are the signs that it’s time for a maintenance call? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t appear to have any problems at all? Find out why taking a proactive strategy is the key to keeping you and your AC unit cool under pressure.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner operating efficiently, HVAC professionals highly recommend servicing it no less than once a year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit stays in optimal condition, avoiding potential concerns and increasing its life span.
As for when to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the ideal season. This makes it possible for you to address growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioner runs smoothly all season long.
However, if spring has come and gone, and you didn't have time to schedule AC service, don’t wait until next year. When it comes to maximizing cooling efficiency with preventive maintenance, it’s better late than never.
What Does AC Service Include?
An AC tune-up is a comprehensive process involving a variety of steps. This is why DIY repair is not suggested. Here are some key elements of the work conducted during a routine service call:
- Complete inspection: The technician looks over your AC unit for potential concerns53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The HVAC specialist uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other parts to make certain your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and prevent wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to promote safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Switching out the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run more effectively. HVAC professionals advise doing this in your home every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system fires up, operates and shuts down the way it should.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many homeowners question if routine maintenance is worth the effort. The fact is, scheduled air conditioner tune-ups encourage better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit uses less power to keep your home cool, leading to lower utility expenses and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s easy to spot potential issues early when a technician carefully inspects your air conditioning every spring. An easy repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid costly and inconvenient breakdowns later in the season.
- Higher air quality: A clean air conditioning system translates into better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car drive longer, routine AC service extends the life of your air conditioner, saving you on early replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Routine maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility costs, sudden repairs or system replacements.
To increase your savings, think about signing up for a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll reduce the risk of breakdowns and enhance energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and budget. You’ll enjoy several benefits no matter which one you select, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans include annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system continues to operate in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during high call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, and extra discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your satisfaction, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one full year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, annual AC maintenance is essential for enhancing performance and delivering home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, ideally in the spring, to prevent breakdowns and enjoy numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts is clearly the top choice, with skilled specialists, comprehensive maintenance plans and a commitment to customer satisfaction. Leave air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your residence cool and comfortable all year. To learn more or schedule your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.