How Do You Look for Carbon Monoxide?

There are many gases that could be inside your Fort Myers home. Natural gas and fumes that derive from household furniture, carpeting and paints. None of them are as threatening as carbon monoxide.

Get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 239-908-6991 today to begin protecting your home against this toxic gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Toxic?

Carbon monoxide could be a life and death situation, so it’s not something to joke about.

1. You Can’t Smell It

Carbon monoxide is life-threatening because you can’t view it, smell it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s nonirritating in low concentrations and can’t be filtrated.

2. It Can Be Fatal in Just a Few Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a result of burnt fuel. It can filter into your home during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. Based on how large the leak is and the airflow in a home, carbon monoxide may become fatal in just a few minutes.

Once breathed in, the gas has a half-life of around five hours. If you are taking in pure air, it requires five hours to take it out of your body. It requires another five hours to reduce that concentration by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Can Act Like Other Illnesses

It could also mirror symptoms that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.

How to Defend Your Family from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no justification to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are several ways you can do to keep your family safe:

  1. Each home with at least one gas appliance, attached garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide system. You should have a sensor on all levels of your house, on top of the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of each bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide system in your residence?
    Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 239-908-6991 to get one. Ask our pros about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
  2. If you already use a carbon monoxide alarm, consistently look at or replace the batteries. You should test batteries every 90 days, and replace the system every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide system alerts you to danger, get out of your residence without delay and call 911.

Protect Your Family with Assistance from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the proper steps your loved ones can be guarded from the dangerous gas. Take the necessary steps and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 239-908-6991 to learn more.