No matter what the temperature outside in Fort Myers, the temperature within your house determines how comfortable you will feel. Choose the right temp and your space will be a comfortable escape from it all. But if your heating and cooling system isn’t operating accurately, you’ll know. And it won’t be pleasant.
It’s time for an in-depth look at how you’re handling your HVAC equipment. It could be the difference between a solid system or a pathetic performer. Work through this short quiz from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to see how you stack up.
- Summer is not far away in Fort Myers. How do you get your system ready?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and clear up the vents. Then it’s ready.
- Bring in the professionals for a seasonal tune-up.
- Not a thing. It should be fine.
- You’re hosting an event on a summer night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What do you do?
- Advise my guests to bring chilled beverages.
- Book an emergency repair to get it operating before anyone arrives.
- Turn on my fans and wish for a cool breeze.
- Your current HVAC is aging. What happens when it’s time for it to retire?
- Let my contractor to choose and pay for it with a credit card.
- Get rid of worries and charges by selecting a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Purchase the most costly system currently available in Fort Myers.
- When you receive your next monthly electricity bill, what do you think you’ll find?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My HVAC charges have gotten expensive.
- It will be close to the charges for the same month last year.
- I can’t be sure until I open it. Some of them aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your home comfort system is making a funny noise. What do you do?
- Find my toolbox and spend a weekend trying to fix it.
- Book a professional technician to take a look.
- Block it out and pray it goes away.
Now tally your results. If you picked mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are helping you out. You’re taking care of your equipment and you have a plan for down the road. But if you answered any of these scenarios with As or Cs, you should make a number of changes to help your equipment perform more effectively. Keep reading to learn how.
Better HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Schedule Annual Maintenance While switching out your air filter and clearing your vents are important tasks to prepare your HVAC for a season change, a professional tune-up is necessary to finish the process. During a maintenance visit, your HVAC technician will perform a series of tasks that boost the energy efficiency professional will be on the lookout for more serious complications for your system. That could save you a costly breakdown later down the road.
Work with an HVAC company that offers emergency repairs. Even carefully maintained home comfort systems can have problems periodically. And it always seems to occur at the worst times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can fix the headache and trouble. The Service Experts Advantage Program gives that critical service to homes at no extra cost.
Make a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Well-maintained home comfort systems can last for 10 to 15 years, but they won’t last forever. Create an idea of what you want now to escape last-minute pressure when your machine takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It provides you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front charges. As an added bonus, the program also has free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy charges and don’t ignore it when they greatly change. Your utility bills can tell you more than your monthly charges. If you’re seeing a stable climb in your charges but no change in home comfort, something is likely happening with your system. An updated high-efficiency system can give you peace of mind with more consistent energy usage—and that means fewer unknown amounts on your bill.
Act when you detect an odd noise from your home comfort system. That noise is more than irritating. It illustrates something is wrong with your system. Even if it’s a seemingly small issue, left unchecked it could make for a costly repair later on. Don’t try to regulate it yourself. Leave it to the pros to figure out and repair it.
Your heating and cooling system can cost you quite a bit when you don’t manage it. If you utilize these tips, you could save time, extra costs and disappointment. And if your HVAC just isn’t helping anymore, think about choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To find out more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!