No matter what the temperature outside in Fort Myers, the temperature within your house influences how comfortable it will feel. Choose the right temp and your space will be a nice escape from the world. But if your heating and cooling system isn’t operating the way it should, you’ll know. And it won’t be enjoyable.
It’s time for a detailed look at how you’re managing your home comfort system. It might make the difference between a superstar system or a pathetic performer. Work through this short quiz from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to see how you stack up.
- Summer is coming up fast in Fort Myers. How do you get your AC ready?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and clear up the vents. Then it’s ready.
- Bring in the pros for a seasonal tune-up.
- Not a thing. It will be fine.
- You’re having an event on a summer night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What’s your first step?
- Ask my guests to bring chilled beverages.
- Book an emergency repair to get it operating before the party starts.
- Switch on my fans and hope for a nice breeze.
- Your current HVAC is maturing. What happens when it’s time for it to retire?
- Have my contractor to select one and pay for it with a credit card.
- Save worries and expenses by selecting a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Go with the most expensive system on the market in Fort Myers.
- When you get your next monthly power bill, what do you think you’ll find?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My HVAC charges have gotten expensive.
- It will be similar to the cost for the same month last year.
- I can’t be sure until I open it. Some of them aren’t bad, but others are a surprise.
- Your home comfort system is making a funny noise. What do you do?
- Find my toolbox and spend a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Book a qualified technician to examine it.
- Block it out and hope it stops.
Now check your results. If you chose mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are helping you out. You’re taking care of your system and you have a plan for down the road. But if you replied to any of these questions with As or Cs, you should make a number of changes to help your equipment perform more effectively. Keep reading to find out how.
Useful HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Schedule Seasonal Maintenance While switching out your air filter and clearing your vents are crucial tasks to prepare your HVAC for a season change, a professional maintenance visit is necessary to finish the process. During a maintenance visit, your HVAC technician will perform a series of tasks that boost the energy efficiency of your HVAC. And while they’re around the house, your HVAC service professional will be on the lookout for more serious complications for your system. That could save you a costly breakdown later down the road.
Work with a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even carefully maintained HVAC systems can have problems periodically. And it always seems to hit at the most inconvenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can handle the headache and trouble. The Service Experts Advantage Program provides that critical service to homes at no extra cost.
Make a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Well-maintained home comfort systems can last for 10 to 15 years, but they can’t last forever. Make an idea of what you want now to bypass last-minute pressure when your equipment takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It provides you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front charges. As an added bonus, the program also has free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy costs and take note when they greatly change. Your utility bills can tell you more than your monthly costs. If you’re seeing a stable climb in your bills but no difference in home comfort, something is probably happening with your system. An updated high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more consistent energy usage—and that means fewer unknown amounts on your bill.
Act when you detect a strange noise from your home comfort system. That noise is more than irritating. It is telling you something is off with your system. Even if it’s a seemingly small problem, left unchecked it could make for a costly repair down the road. Don’t try to work on it yourself. Leave it to the pros to figure out and repair it.
Your heating and cooling system can cost you quite a bit when you don’t manage it. If you utilize these tips, you could save time, added costs and irritation. And if your HVAC just isn’t keeping up anymore, consider choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To find out more, give us a call or book an appointment online. We’re happy to help!