It’s frosty outside. Much of the country is layering up for some icy temperatures. And while the Experts are always eager to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect those exterior water faucets.
- Insulate all exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor sinks and bathrooms by outer walls can prevent pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Set an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, now is the time to open them.
- If your furnace is not heating, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick once-over.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.