Scheduling routine AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioning unit in Fort Myers working at its top performance while keeping electricity needs small. It also may even help prolong its life span.
While there are several jobs you can complete on your own, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC examinations and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can take by yourself as you prep for warm weather.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Set
Spring is a time of rejuvenation, and to many that involves a large amount of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier weather near, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC service on that listing.
Spring is a great time of year to get your AC equipment cleaned and inspected. Hesitating to switch it on until the first warm day of the summer can be dicey. If you have to have repair or installation, you may be waiting days for a technician. And that could get extremely unpleasant.
And for allergy sufferers, being well prepared with a freshened cooling system will help provide the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, air conditioning upkeep might be a requirement for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Finish Maintenance Myself?
There are methods that you can complete to help keep your AC unit in the best order:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters limit airflow and might lower your unit’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the type of filter you install, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is particularly necessary if you deal with allergies or have a cat in your home.
- Lawn maintenance near the outside condenser. Check there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your air conditioning unit. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free space. You should also get rid of any leaves or branches that have collected inside your system, since this may limit airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you ring Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 239-908-6991, the primary thing we could do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then we’ll get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll inspect your equipment and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to ensure reliable comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving pieces working effortlessly and potentially skip issues.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Straightening coil fins to stop reduced airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to eliminate any accumulation from dust and vegetation.
- Checking controls to double check your system is starting, running and turning off like it should.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the right refrigeration charge.
If we discover problems that involve additional work, we are set to provide you the most economical solution. Locating likely issues in a timely manner could solve larger issues in the future. This also gives you time to strategize if your AC is getting outdated.
When you are looking for an updated cooling system, our Experts will work with you to find the best solution for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment work for your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to schedule your checkup? Give us a call at 239-908-6991 or schedule an appointment online now.