Spring is wonderful for a couple reasons: flowers are blooming, you can open windows for outdoor air and your power bill is normally at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning to your heating or cooling.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy costs. Here are some suggestions for saving energy in Fort Myers and keeping payments less expensive.
1. Schedule Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it run more efficiently and lower costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep energy bills low.
If your cooling equipment has had better days, spring is a smart time to update it. The energy-saving features in modern cooling systems is a huge benefit for keeping your utility expenses down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling expenses. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Focusing on how to expertly work your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and inside temperatures, the smaller your home comfort cost will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your House
You can do a couple other methods to help keep your home at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This distributes cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your home comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Consider Using a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats learn your habits and adjust the temp when you’re out and about to help you save money. You can also set the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy expenses down. If you decide it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 239-908-6991 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the best fit for your space. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.