Spring is wonderful for a couple reasons: flowers are blooming, you can open windows for outdoor air and your power bill is normally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not turning on your heating or cooling.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are a few suggestions for saving energy in Fort Myers and keeping payments low.
1. Schedule Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it work more efficiently and reduce costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep energy bills low.
If your cooling equipment has seen better days, spring is a smart time to update it. The energy-saving features in newer cooling systems is a huge plus in keeping your utility expenses down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on home comfort costs. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Focusing on how to expertly use your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and indoor temperatures, the cheaper your home comfort expense will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Try Other Ways to Cool Your House
You can do a couple other approaches to help keep your home at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it moves through windows. Keep your home comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny rooms.
4. Consider Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats learn your habits and adjust the temp when you’re out to help you save on your bills. You can also change the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These expert ideas will all help keep summer energy expenses down. If you decide it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 239-908-6991 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the best fit for your space. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.